23 July 2017

TMB denies wasting money on fact finding trips

Tripe Marketing Board chairman Sir Norman Wrassle was today making last-minute preparations for the TMB's fact finding visit to Lanzarote, which commences later this week.

Offal Monthly, July 2017
The trip combines a visit to some of the island's most important meat and offal processors with top-level talks with public representatives and key retailers.


"I know some people prefer to think I spend all my time swanning around the continent and further afield, but there's a serious business to my visits. I'll also be giving a couple of presentations on the subject of British Tripe in Europe, entitled 'We Still Mean Business, Even After Brexit', which will include a Powerpoint presentation I've been working on for some weeks," Sir Norman said.

Sir Norman was responding to criticism in the July 2017 edition of the trade journal Offal Monthly which had suggested, via an editorial, that the TMB's marketing budget should be spent in a more focused manner.

"I'll take no lessons from a periodical that we all know is no friend of tripe. There's never been a more important time to spread the word in Europe about our fine product and I for one will not duck my responsibilities," he said.


No comments:

Post a Comment