29 October 2017

TMB chairman apologises for Yorkshire tofu purchase

Tripe Marketing Board chairman Sir Norman Wrassle has apologised after reports appeared in the Wigan on Sunday newspaper that he had asked his secretary to purchase 2lbs of tofu from a wholefood delicatessan in Leeds earlier this week. 

Sir Norman Wrassle
The newspaper reported that Sir Norman had admitted the claims, saying: "I'm not going to deny it. I’m going to have to take it on the chin. I hung around outside and she went into this shop. That was it."

Speaking at a hastily-convened press conference at his Lytham home earlier today, Sir Norman apologised for the incident. "The tofu was bought as a gift for my wife, and I asked my secretary to make the purchase because it would obviously have been deeply embarrassing for me as a leading light in the offal promotion world to have been seen in such an establishment," he said, adding "I am deeply sorry for any offence this incident may have caused to tripe lovers."

Sir Norman said he had chosen to make the purchase in Yorkshire because he felt it would attract less attention there. "I am happy to acknowledge that there are many outlets available for the purchase of tofu in Lancashire and, in the unlikely event that I ever have to buy it again, I will certainly consider using these," he added. 








The Mail reported that Mr Garnier had admitted the claims, saying: “I’m not going to deny it, because I’m not going to be dishonest. I’m going to have to take it on the chin.” According to the paper, he said the “sugar tits” comment was part of an “amusing conversation” about the TV comedy Gavin and Stacey, while the sex toys were bought after a Christmas lunch. “We bought some soap sets, that sort of stuff, scented candles. The vibrator shop was high jinks,” he is quoted as saying. “I hung around outside and she went into this shop. That was it.”

Read more at: https://inews.co.uk/essentials/news/uk/government-minister-mark-garnier-admits-asked-secretary-buy-sex-toys/
The Mail reported that Mr Garnier had admitted the claims, saying: “I’m not going to deny it, because I’m not going to be dishonest. I’m going to have to take it on the chin.” According to the paper, he said the “sugar tits” comment was part of an “amusing conversation” about the TV comedy Gavin and Stacey, while the sex toys were bought after a Christmas lunch. “We bought some soap sets, that sort of stuff, scented candles. The vibrator shop was high jinks,” he is quoted as saying. “I hung around outside and she went into this shop. That was it.”

Read more at: https://inews.co.uk/essentials/news/uk/government-minister-mark-garnier-admits-asked-secretary-buy-sex-toys/
The Mail reported that Mr Garnier had admitted the claims, saying: “I’m not going to deny it, because I’m not going to be dishonest. I’m going to have to take it on the chin.” According to the paper, he said the “sugar tits” comment was part of an “amusing conversation” about the TV comedy Gavin and Stacey, while the sex toys were bought after a Christmas lunch. “We bought some soap sets, that sort of stuff, scented candles. The vibrator shop was high jinks,” he is quoted as saying. “I hung around outside and she went into this shop. That was it.”

Read more at: https://inews.co.uk/essentials/news/uk/government-minister-mark-garnier-admits-asked-secretary-buy-sex-toys/

No comments:

Post a Comment